What is Dig Pink®?
Dig Pink® is The Side-Out Foundation’s trademark name for its fundraising events. A Dig Pink® event can be organized at the local, county, city or state level. Although Side-Out’s Dig Pink events began as volleyball specific events, participants do not have to be volleyball players/coaches or even athletes at all! The events are supported by middle/high school and college students nationwide. All proceeds benefit Side-Out, which in turn awards grants to medical research organizations and entities dedicated to providing compassionate support to breast cancer patients and their families. Your participation gives youths the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of all breast cancer patients. Thank you for getting involved!
“You must get involved to have an impact. No one is impressed with the won-lost record of the referee.” – Napoleon Hill
How Can My School Show Support?
Show your support by hosting a featured volleyball match.
By encouraging players and fans to wear pink, distributing educational materials and collecting donations, your school will promote further education and research about breast cancer.
How Do We Get Started?
- Fill out the Dig Pink® Information Form if you have not already done so. You will receive an automated e-mail with important information about how to get started. If you have already filled out a form, proceed to step 2.
- Set a date for your match and obtain the support of the visiting team.
- Communicate your intent to the school’s Activities/Athletic Director.
- If you are a brand new team, create a Side-Out account . If you are an existing team, log in with your account information.
- Set a fundraising goal.
- Brainstorm fundraising ideas.
2013 Dig Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Rally Goals
- Fundraising Goal ($2,000,000)
- Participating College Teams (500)
- Participating High School and Middle School Teams (1500)